The average American gains 5 lbs during the holiday and most people never lose the extra lbs. That’s right, it stays on year after year after year…
Scary, isn’t it?
Make this the year that you beat this scary statistic and make a commitment to your body that you can be proud of.
This November the inspirational, Sam Lambooy of Slambooy Fitness and Betsy Fry of Find Food Peace and 365 Days of Sweat are hosting a “November Workout Challenge.” Instead of hibernating as the days get shorter and colder, choose to workout everyday in November and take charge of your health.
Here’s the rundown:
- Workout everyday in November.
- You choose the intensity, duration and type of workout.
- Post what you did in the Facebook group “My November Workout Challenge.”
- Take photos of your workout and post them on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter with the hashtag #activenovember and find all the other people around the world participating (seriously, we already have an Aussie and a Brit!).
- Be an advocate for health and invite your friends/family to join you!
- A free conference call for all participants led by Sam Lambooy and Betsy Fry. We will be giving tips, encouragement, inspiration and answering all questions.
Are any of these reasons why you don’t want to participate:
- November is the best month for eating and starting off my winter hibernation the right way!
- The holidays are the ultimate diversion from my health goals.
- I’ll start working out again after the family season ends.
- It’s too cold/dark/snowy outside and I hate being confined to the gym.
- I have been thinking about committing to a regular workout regimen, but it’s too hard to commit to anything during the holidays.
- I intend on being in a tryptophan coma all month.
- There will be too much traveling/family time/shopping/stress to try to include working out.
If any of these sound familiar to you, then take a risk and let go of your excuses. We challenge you to leap out of your comfort zone for one month.
Now that you’ve read all about the challenge, it’s time to make a wholehearted commitment to yourself. All you have to do is write “I’m so down to sweat!” in the comment section below. Once you do this, we will add you to the Facebook support group and answer any questions or calm any fears you may have.
Welcome to the challenge! We are so happy to have you!
With sweaty love,
Betsy Fry and Sam Lambooy